Raspberry Pi Robot – Assembly Part 2

This was the hardest part. If you wire the wrong things together you can brick your Pi. I took some time to decide on which pins to use, and after assembly and testing everything worked. I’ll explain which pins I picked, but note that this information will not work with other hardware configurations.[I originally had a Model B Pi, but due to needing the second hardware PWM (which is hidden on the B), switched to the B+.

DCS MiG-21: First Flight

I have DCS World, and whenever I get a new module I like to try and “just fly the thing” with minimal cockpit familiarity. I always expect hilarity to ensue but it’s really not that exciting. Like with the Ka-50 I just crashed with in-air starts, and could never get it off the ground with a cold start (until I read the operating manual). But helicopters are hard, so that’s not a surprise.

October Autocross

Got a new oxygen sensor installed, tuned it a bit, and went to an autocross in my 280Z a couple weeks ago. I was third in my class! Out of three, though. So last. Still, the real victory is that my car made it there, ran, started and restarted fine, and then made it back home. I also got to try my slicks out for the first time, and man, they make the car much more predictable.

Msqur 1.0 update

I added an update to msqur today. Just a small update to the landing page since it was kind of blank. Moved the settings icon to the view page instead of every page. Also fixed the readme and license files for formatting. I get a lot of hits from Russia on that site. Actually, I get a lot of hits from Russia on all my sites. I imagine most of them are bots probing for weaknesses.

280Z Update

It’s been a while since I’ve worked on my Z. I’ve been working on rebuilding my wife’s 300ZX, which is progressing slowly. My Z had a dead oxygen sensor and was not tuned correctly. It also had a fuel leak. But last week I fixed both of those issues and now it runs like a champ. I then leaned out the fuel table by about 25% (I had richened it up when the sensor died to be safe).

3rd pump’s the charm

So I picked up a Bosch 044 fuel pump for a song, and decided to get rid of my Fuelab Prodigy pump. I almost wrote about the Fuelab install, but since I intended on replacing it, it wasn’t worth it. It was just too much for my vehicle, even at my target boost levels. The Fuelab pump was brushless, and so was very picky about voltage. It was unusable during cranking due to a large voltage drop because of my small battery.

Find videos by FPS

I produced some videos in 60 FPS, but couldn’t remember which ones. Since, of course, I didn’t label their FPS at the time, I needed to find them in vast sea of 30 FPS videos. Rather than just use a simple grep with ffmpeg to find which ones, I thought it might be more useful to find all videos that have a certain FPS threshold. Usage: ./60fps.sh [directory] #!/bin/bash SAVEIFS=$IFS IFS=$'\n' function fpscheck { FPS=$(ffmpeg -i "

Msqur 1.0 released

As mentioned previously, I wanted to open the source to msqur up and put development on the backburner. I have added an appropriate license for it (although I do need to add library licenses/notices in there as well). It is now GPL licensed, and I have made the repository public. Some things I added: Added basic charts for the 2D tables Added table header text to tables Added reingest script to allow for easier MSQ cache updates Fixed some of the documentation up Known issues, mostly the same as before:

Oculus Rift and Touch

I’m super excited for the imminent onslaught of consumer grade VR equipment and game support. I think it will change how games are played from now on. Not all games, mind you, it takes a certain level of involvement to strap on a head-mounted display and get into the experience. The military already uses similar technology extensively for training. It’s just a matter of months before equipment hits shelves. That said, there’s a serious problem with it already.