Msqur Update v0.72b

I dug in this past weekend and updated a few things: INI Parsing revamp. Support for more tables and curves. UI Update so that all this new information is somewhat organized A few minor bug fixes and enhancements Known issues: MS3 file support is poor Constants are just blurted out without any organization INI Parsing of formulas and directives not implemented yet I plan on opening the source code up under some kind of OSS license, after fixing a few more issues and updating the documentation.

Harbor Freight Trailer Build – Part 3

It’s been a while from the last update, but the build is winding down. That’s good, because I’ve put entirely too much effort into this.

I figured out how to secure the tires. Using some 18” steel angle ($30), I made some mounts.

Image no longer available :(

Action Camera Review: Garmin Virb Elite

After seeing a fellow MSNE autocrosser post a video with nice data overlays, I asked what datalogger and software he used. It turns out it wasn’t just a data logger, it was a camera that gathered his speed, acceleration, and so on for him. It was the Garmin Virb Elite. The ‘Elite’ part signifying the difference between the non-sensor, data-less variant. I’d never heard of it, and I thought I kept at least a cursory eye on the action camera market.

Msqur Update v0.60b

A little while ago I updated msqur.com to 0.60b. Changes include: Added engine make/code fields for uploads Added view count and increment And less visibly: Finished OO refactor Update API documentation (not public yet) Added deployment scripts I still haven’t finished INI file parsing 100%. There’s a bit more to do, but I’ve been busy with work and other projects. I’m thinking of releasing the project under an appropriate open-source license once I finish that, so hopefully others can join in on the fun.

On Properly Setting Your Cooling Fan Temperature Threshold

When I first installed an aftermarket ECU (Megasquirt I) in my 1984 300ZX, years ago (almost 10 as of this writing!), I used the recommended GM sensor for coolant temperature. It required a bit of machining to fit the sensor, nothing major.

With my latest engine (and the two cars it was in), I decided to use the OEM Cylinder Head Temperature Sensor, since hey, why not? It was already there, in an optimal spot. All I had to do was make software changes to calibrate MS-II to it’s temperature/resistance curve. I had the data in the Factory Service Manual, all was well.

Harbor Freight Trailer Build – Part 2

I finished up the tail light and signal wiring. I still have 4 LED clearance lights to place somewhere, but I’ll wait until I figure out what else is going on the trailer before placing them, in the hopes I can place them higher up.

Image no longer available :(

Msqur Update v0.53b

I’ve rolled out the update 0.53b to msqur.com. This includes: INI Parsing (i.e. better MSQ support) Bug fixes and better error handling So now it is a bit more usable. The INI Parsing turns out to be a bit more complex than I anticipated, but I rolled out a decent intermediate update in the meantime. Before completing the INI parsing (or anything else for that matter), I’ve decided to overhaul the entire codebase.

Msqur Update

Well, the holidays are long over and I haven’t updated msqur.com in a while. I’m adding some configuration management to it, so nothing visible will happen for a while. What’s planned, however, is .ini file parsing so that .msq files can be parsed according to the INI file version they use. That is, I will parse the INI file for the schema to a .msq file instead of hardcoding it. This way showing a .

Harbor Freight Trailer Build

So I’ve got this autocross bug, despite being a terrible driver. After about 5 seconds of thought, I came to the conclusion that I must get an autocross trailer in order to improve my skills.

So, after a bit of research it looked like item #90153 was the thing to get. The key is it has 12” wheels, whereas the cheaper one (#42708) has 8” ones. The larger the wheel the less RPM the wheel bearings see, which is good. The increased payload capacity and trailer height were just bonuses. Since I plan on hauling some wheels and tires and some tools, I don’t see coming near the 1000+ lb. payload capacity. And if you wanted to carry more, all you’d really need is some better tires, since that’s the actual limiting factor. However, I don’t recommend carrying anything near the payload capacity.

Note that this is one of the few big-ticket items you can use the 20% coupon on, so if you want to save $46 or so off the price, use one! I got it and built it:

I also picked up a trailer jack, LED lighting kit, 1-78” ball, and ratcheting straps from HF. From elsewhere I got a backup alarm, more LED lights, battery tray, some wire and a voltage gauge.

I then painted the frame and wheels to match my 280Z:

msqur.com – MSQ file sharing site

Well, I’ve only been working on it a little so far, but I suppose it’s good enough to post about at this point. The site is msqur.com, and it’s for Megasquirt ECU users to share their tunes (from the TunerStudio MS software). You can upload (multiple) .msq files, assign some engine information to them at upload, and share them with other people for troubleshooting or tuning help. The goal is to make something easier than attaching a file to a forum post that others have to download and fire up the full tuning software suite to just view it.